Kagoshima Organic Sencha Premium
$79.95 – $396.95
Sencha Tea Brewing Instructions
Like most green teas, this one should be steeped in cooler water than black or oolong teas. A temperature of 176°F (80°C) is a good starting point.
- Pour enough boiling water into the empty teapot to fill everyone’s cup. The teapot should NOT contain any tea leaves at this point.
- Pour the water into each cup, filling it to the desired level (usually about 80% to 90% full). This will cool the water from boiling temperature to the desired 80° C (176° F).
- Put about one large teaspoon of tea leaves into the empty teapot for each cup of tea. The teapot I am using comes with an infuser, but if yours doesn’t, you can put the leaves directly in the pot.
- Pour the water in the teacups back into the teapot.
- Let the tea steep for one minute.
- Pour a small amount of tea into the first cup, then pour the same amount into every other cup. Continue filling the cups a little at a time, making sure that each cup contains the same amount of the weaker first pours and the stronger last drops. DO NOT fill one cup completely and then move on to the next cup.
- Continue pouring until the teapot is completely empty. You want the leaves to be as dry as possible to ensure a quality second infusion
- For the second infusion, you do not need to add any fresh leaves. Pour boiling water from your kettle directly into the cups, wait about 30 seconds, then pour the water onto the leaves in the teapot. This will ensure a higher water temperature than you used for the first infusion.
- Let the tea steep 20 to 30 seconds, then pour the brew into the cups, alternating cups as before. Distribute all the liquid, leaving the leaves as dry as possible.
- For the third infusion, repeat the instructions for the second, but steep for one to three minutes, depending on the quality of the tea you are using.
- Whether you want a fourth infusion will also depend on the quality of your tea. Try it once and see how it tastes.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.