- Add one heaping teaspoon per cup
- Pour boiling hot water
- Steep 3-4 minutes
Tip: Warm up the milk!
$99.95 – $495.95
China black tea Jin Jun Mei
Relatively new to the world of tea, Jin Jun Mei is grown and produced in the renowned Wuyi area as a specialty.
It’s sweet and full-bodied rich and exquisite in flavour.
Ideal to make multiple brews
Jin Jun Mei (金骏眉), which translates to “Golden Eyebrow,” is one of the most prestigious and sought-after black teas in China. Originating from the Wuyi Mountains in Fujian Province, this tea is prized for its intricate production process, limited yield, and exquisite taste and aroma. Here’s a comprehensive look at Jin Jun Mei:
1. Origin: Jin Jun Mei is cultivated in the Wuyi Mountain region of Fujian Province, an area renowned for its outstanding tea production, particularly the famed Wuyi rock oolong teas.
2. Processing: Jin Jun Mei is made from the buds of the tea plant. The harvest process is meticulous, with only the tiniest, most tender buds being plucked, typically in early spring. The production process includes withering, rolling, fermentation, and drying. Due to the detailed attention required throughout the manufacturing process, producing Jin Jun Mei is labour-intensive.
3. Appearance: The dried tea consists of slender, small black and gold buds. The golden tips are particularly prominent, giving the tea its name – “Golden Eyebrow.” When brewed, the tea has a bright, reddish liquor.
4. Flavour and Aroma: Jin Jun Mei is celebrated for its multi-layered taste and aroma. It typically offers a smooth, mellow flavour with sweet, malty notes, accompanied by hints of floral, fruity, or even chocolaty undertones. The aroma is rich and fragrant, with a lingering sweetness.
5. Brewing: Use freshly boiled water and steep the tea leaves for 3-5 minutes, adjusting the time based on your taste preference. Jin Jun Mei can be steeped multiple times, with each infusion revealing different flavour nuances.
6. Reputation and Price: Due to its high quality, limited production, and labour-intensive process, Jin Jun Mei is one of the most expensive black teas. Authentic Jin Jun Mei from the Wuyi Mountains can command very high prices, especially for premium grades.
7. Comparison with Other Black Teas: While many black teas are known for their robust and strong flavours, Jin Jun Mei stands out for its refined, smooth, and sweet profile. It lacks the astringency found in some other black teas.
8. Authenticity: Given its high value, there are many counterfeit or lower-quality versions of Jin Jun Mei in the market. It’s essential to purchase from reputable sources to ensure you’re getting authentic tea.
Jin Jun Mei is a testament to the artistry and expertise of Chinese tea craftsmanship. It provides a luxurious tea-drinking experience, making it a must-try for enthusiasts and a cherished gift for special occasions.
Tip: Warm up the milk!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.