Yunnan Silver Needle White Tea
$89.95 – $445.95
Yunnan silver needles Due to its low yield and high demand the prices of fujian silver needles have risen , so therefore we offer an a option for our white tea fan offering yunnan
silver needles much bigger in leaf shape than its Fujian counterpart intensely
honey to slightly earthy in taste.
Yunnan Bai Hao Yin Zhen (云南白毫银针) Yunnan Silver Needle is a premium white tea that originates from the Yunnan province of China, which is also renowned for its Pu-erh tea. Yunnan Silver Needle is one of the more exquisite and lesser-known teas compared to its Fujian counterpart. Here’s a comprehensive look at Yunnan Silver Needle:
1. Origin: As the name suggests, this tea comes from the Yunnan province, a region with a rich tea history dating back thousands of years. The province’s diverse climate, high altitudes, and fertile soils create ideal conditions for producing high-quality teas.
2. Processing: Yunnan Silver Needle, like other white teas, undergoes minimal processing. The tea is made primarily from the young, tender buds of the tea plant. After plucking, the buds are withered—either outdoors in sunlight or indoors, depending on weather conditions—to reduce moisture content. The tea is then dried, preserving its natural flavours.
3. Appearance: The tea gets its name from the silvery-white hairs that cover the young tea buds. When dried, these buds appear needle-like and have a soft, velvety texture.
4. Flavour and Aroma: Yunnan Silver Needle tends to have a richer flavour profile than other white teas. It often exhibits notes of fresh hay, sweet melon, or honey, with a delicate floral aroma. The taste is mellow, sweet, and sometimes creamy, with a lingering aftertaste.
5. Health Benefits: Yunnan Silver Needle, like other white teas, is rich in antioxidants, particularly catechins. Regular consumption may offer various health benefits such as improving heart health, aiding in weight loss, and providing anti-aging properties. Additionally, white teas are known to have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial qualities.
6. Brewing: This tea is best brewed using water below boiling point (around 75-85°C or 167-185°F) to avoid scalding the delicate leaves. Steep for 3-5 minutes, adjusting according to personal preference. The tea can handle multiple infusions, with each steep revealing a slightly different flavour profile.
7. Storage: Yunnan Silver Needle should be stored in a cool, dry place, away from light, odours, and moisture. Airtight containers are ideal. While it can be consumed immediately, white teas like this can also be aged, which can change and sometimes enhance their flavour profiles over time.
8. Comparison with Fujian Silver Needle: While both Yunnan and Fujian Silver Needles are premium white teas, they have subtle differences due to their terroir. Fujian Silver Needle often has a more delicate, light flavour, while Yunnan Silver Needle can be more robust and full-bodied.
Yunnan Silver Needle is a treat for tea enthusiasts seeking white tea with depth and richness. Its nuanced flavours and potential health benefits make it a valuable addition to any tea collection.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.